Insurance Sales Manager - Hybrid Role
*Please note- this is a hybrid role based in Southern CA. A candidate must be able to work remotely in Southern CA and visit the office in Escondido, CA several times a month.*
The Insurance Sales Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the Insurance Department along all lines of policies including life, health, property and casualty. Responsibilities include monitoring department workloads, associate performance and ensuring the quality delivery of services to internal and external customers. This role provides training oversight and general assistance to all Insurance Department team members.
The Insurance Sales Manager owns and manages business relationships nationwide and, driving profitable premium growth to achieve financial and operational goals. Under limited supervision, this role manages broad and diverse agency partnerships, handles multiple clients and optimizes organization performance. This role creates, implements and executes agency strategies to achieve goals utilizing all company programs, tools and resources while collaborating with internal business partners. This role participates in constant outreach, primarily through in person visits, supplemented by audio or video conferences, email and other digital media. This role understands and works across a wide breadth of commercial products, coverages and market appetite and works closely with agents and brokers to drive flow of small commercial business.
We strive to analyze and respond to client concerns by providing a positive resolution to their needs, and communicating with internal departments such as Accounting, Servicing, Collections, Compliance, Marketing and more.
- Supervises Insurance Department individual and team performance, and delivery of quality services;
- Assists other team members with escalated or urgent situations;
- Ensures strong levels of production within the Insurance Department;
- Trains and directs staff for effective delivery of the department’s functions;
- Promptly communicates areas of needed improvement;
- Updates upper management on weekly client status, identified trends, financial status, risk analysis and policy activities;
- Recruits and hires staff and conducts performance evaluations;
- Coordinates training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generates and reviews standard Insurance Department reports and procedures;
- Monitors insurance sales, cancellations and account adjustments;
- Responds to client and carrier complaints;
- Updates and maintains production tracking spreadsheets;
- Processes and negotiates insurance gap and warranty claims, as well as ensuring accuracy on settlements;
- Owns and manages national territory, driving profitable growth to achieve financial and operational targets;
- Leads management processes (e.g. prospecting, business planning, engagement, training, optimization, etc).
- Independently builds and cultivates mutually beneficial agency partnerships;
- Establishes position as a trusted advisor while delivering product, underwriting philosophy, system training, support retention and new business development to increase depth and maximize revenue;
- Creates, maintains, and executes high quality strategies and plans to achieve direct written premium, profit and new business goals;
- Under limited supervision, drives and ensures quality of new business flow, appropriate book mix, and overall risk management of both individual agency books and overall assigned territory;
- Leads, collaborates with, influences and supports internal business partners (underwriting/ product management/claims/risk control) to identify and capitalize on opportunities, solve problems, share key competitor and industry intel and provide voice of our agent/customer;
- Strategically utilizes internal and external programs and tools designed to support the pipeline;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor`s Degree or equivalent industry experience;
- Minimum six years of progressively more responsible insurance sales work experience;
- Advanced knowledge of insurance offerings including life, health, property and casualty;
- Advanced knowledge of marketing techniques, insurance contracts, risk funding and rating plans, and industry trends;
- Proven track record of revenue growth and sales success in a prior role;
- Proven success in developing and building partnerships, decision making and problem solving;
- Advanced knowledge of the business including production management, claims, loss prevention, underwriting, administration, sales operations and agency business operations;
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills, including presentation, persuasion, timing, tact and negotiation skills;
- High degree of customer focus, interpersonal relationship skills and problem solving;
- Advanced analytical thinking, business analytics and business development skills;
- Strong time management and team orientation skills;
- Well versed understanding of marketing principles;
- Must be licensed by the state if required;
- Ability to travel daily with occasional overnight travel;
- Exhibits attention to detail, good proofreading skills, excellent reliability, initiative and stress tolerance;
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer;
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times;
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges;
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.