Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time, they will want to return.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Alejandra’s Fine Mexican Food & Cantina.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience to ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service and respond promptly and courteously to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from guests.
- Write guests’ food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Take food or beverages orders from guests.
- Check guests’ identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Serve food or beverages to guests and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Present menus to guests and answer questions about menu items, beverages, and other restaurant functions and services
- Inform guests of menu changes and daily specials and make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Clean tables or counters after guests have finished dining.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for guests, and chill bottles of wine.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Explain to guests how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for guests.
- Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee.
- Escort guests to their tables.
- Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Describe and recommend wines to guests.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
Relevant training certificate
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.50 per hour
Fine Dining Restaurant
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.