Nick & G's- Line Cook
Nick & G's Restaurant is currently looking for a Line Cook to join our team!
The line cook prepares different foods and recipes for daily operations. Assists other cooks with preparation of food. The Line Cook must always perform service to exceed fine dining expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare menu items according to daily business, following recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by restaurant management.
- Prepare daily food prep according the projected prep list, following recipes and safety procedures
- Follow all health code standards and protocol. Keeps area clean and well-stocked; keep equipment in proper working order.
- Ensures timely preparation of food for the restaurant paying attention to quality and presentation.
- Follow opening and closing procedures as well as daily and weekly cleaning duties.
- Assist other stations and departments as needed.
- Help maintain an environment of teamwork and good will towards all team members.
- Other duties as assigned by the managers and supervisors.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Culinary school certificate or degree preferred but not required
- 1-2 years of experience in a fast-paced kitchen
- Excellent communications skills
- Servsafe certification preferred but not required
Job Types: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Casual dining restaurant
- Fast casual restaurant
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.