Bellamy's Fine Dining - Assistant Manager
The Assistant General Manager at Bellamy's Fine Dining will lead their Team through a demonstration of Accountability and Ownership as related to the individual operation of a single location. Assistant General Manager is second in charge and ultimately responsible for the store when General Manager is absent. This includes all aspects of store operations, front-of-the-house, and back-of-the-house, in addition to managing P&L, marketing, and sales projections. An Assistant General Manager strives to build and promotes the mission that provides unique and meaningful experiences for each and every guest.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Bellamy's Fine Dining
- Support accomplishment of store objectives in areas of Recruitment, scheduling, planning, coaching, and counseling.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills amongst team it relates to enforcement of policies, procedures, and job expectations.
- Dedication to maintaining the Connection: Properly address guest concerns in a timely manner, support continued satisfaction, and delivery the brand expectation daily.
- Develop team-building through rapport, team development, coaching, and support.
- Support the long-term development of your hourly management-level staff, holding managers accountable for contributing to team and company objectives.
- Continually support all manager-level staff through leadership, direction, and training to achieve effective growth, increased business knowledge, and overall skillset.
- Adhere to and upholds cash handling policies and procedures to ensure proper cash management practices are being followed by all levels of team members. Responsible and accountable for company funds, which includes: Verifying safe, making changes, balancing cashier drawers, and handling bank deposits.
- Continually audits, monitors, and evaluates food, beverage, and service offerings to support effective improvements.
- Monitor variance analysis to aid in finance development; reinforcement of financial controls to achieve and sustain financial targets.
- Provides added value by driving team initiatives, public and community relation programs in an effort to retain and attract business.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of strategies to promote an increase of stores sales.
- Adhere to company service level standards to properly manage costs. (To include food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs)
- Responsible for providing the Restaurant General Manager with recommendations in taking appropriate corrective actions to maximize store profits potential.
- Control profits & loss of store by adhering to cash control/security procedures, inventory control, labor management, evaluate financials reports and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Oversee proper portion control and quality of preparation to guarantee waste control.
- Approximate the food needs of the store, place orders with distributors, and schedule fresh food and supply deliveries. Control and, report the store inventory through Toast inventory system, make recommendations as needed.
- Responsible to assist with accurate, timely completion of store financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll-related duties in accordance with company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and regulations.
- Ensure proper security procedures are in place and upheld to protect team members, guests, and company assets.
- Preserve location’s consistent satisfaction of the required state standards to assure sanitary practices and maintenance of premises to pass internal/external regulatory inspections. Responsible to take immediate action for timely resolution.
- Ensure a safe environment for team members and guests to reduce the risk of accident/injury and promptly report to appropriate parties in the event of injury.
- Assist with process improvements to optimize production, productivity, and quality guest-service standards.
- Maintain excellent communication with Restaurant General Manager to keep informed of all issues, (i.e. – Unusual matters of significance and positive events) propose corrective actions, and/or take prompt corrective action where necessary.
- Demonstrate excellent people management skills, providing timely and meaningful coaching to motivate a diverse team.
- Work in conjunction with Human Resources to oversee time and attendance issues, discipline, work ethics, conflicts resolution, and other HR issues. When necessary, you will coach and discipline.
- Required to work varied hours, weekends, and holidays; A minimum of two closing shifts per workweek.
- Responsible to comply with all CA wage and hour laws including, Bellamy's Fine Dining meal and rest policy.
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum of three to five years of previous food service and restaurant supervisory experience
- Mandatory to have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and a clean driving record
- Strong working knowledge of store operations, management principles, including scheduling, cost control, continuous improvement, and inventory control policies
- Must have intermediate level computer skills (POS: Toast, Microsoft Office)
- Must have food preparation skills as they relate to the restaurant business
- Must be up to date on food safety and health codes
- Customer-focused with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Must have extensive working knowledge in customer relations
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $66,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Fine dining restaurant
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Escondido, CA 92025: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Restaurant: 2 years (Required)
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.